Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Exercise Sucks, But Getting Results Does Not!

I have worked pretty hard to find workout routines that didn't take over my life, and allowed plenty of time with family. I have tried several different apps, and lots of ideas from various websites. I do believe I have found my favorite combination of exercises. I feel it is a great mix of cardio based exercises, and pure strength building exercises.

Wanna see it? Here ya go!

Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
Daily Workouts (Free) App
5 Minutes: High Intensity Cardio (10 exercises, 30 seconds each, 5 seconds rest.) I am building up to 8 minute or 10 minute routine.
10 Minutes: High Intensity Full Body (20 exercises, 30 seconds each, 5 seconds rest.) Building up to 20 minute or 30 minute option.

Tuesday, Thursday:
StrongLifts 5x5 (Free App)
Workout A: Squat, Bench Press, Barbell Row - 5 sets of 5 reps each exercise
Daily Workouts (Free) App
5 Minutes: High Intensity Abs(10 exercises, 30 seconds each, 5 seconds rest.) I am building up to 8 minute or 10 minute routine.

Saturday:
StrongLifts 5x5 (Free App)
Workout B: Squat, Overhead Press, Deadlift - 5 sets of 5 reps Squat & Overhead Press, 1 set of 5 reps Deadlift
Treadmill
No time limit just as much as I can stand.

As you can see, my plan is to workout 6 days per week. That doesn't always happen, and I'm okay with that. I refuse to beat myself up over missing a day. My goal is to keep moving, and I am doing so much more than before.

A word about StrongLifts. I love this workout! I have seen huge gains in the amount of weight I am able to workout with. The goal of this workout is to add 5 lbs every single time you workout. Currently, I have added over 40 lbs to every exercise from where I started. Check out the StrongLifts Website. Lots of great information there, and videos on proper form.

This may not be the workout routine for you, but it seems to work for me. The goal for all of us should be to just get moving. Whether you start with the 7 Minute Workout like I did (and still use on occasion) or going out for a walk. All exercises is better than no exercise!


No comments:

Post a Comment