Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Little Splurge Never Hurt Anyone!

Last night my father-in-law came over for dinner. My wife decided to cook one of my new favorites, SMOKEY BACON PORK CHOPS!! Can't describe how good those are. I thought it was a bit of a splurge not really thinking about it too much. I had room on the day for it. However, as it turns out, didn't really come in to play.

Smokey Bacon Pork Chops - 370 calories
LARGE Baked Potato with a little cheese and lots of Frank's Red Hot - 222 calories
Sauteed Kale with a little extra seasoning for good measure - 15 calories

For the entire meal you are looking at only 607 calories. The moral of this story, just because it looks like you can't eat it, doesn't mean that you can't eat it. A splurge in others eyes is really just another item on the VAST list of foods you will still be able to eat.

I love food and refuse to give it up for bland crappy "diet" food. I am eating better, healthier, more satisfying food than ever before. You can too!


No comments:

Post a Comment