Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My New Favorite Post Workout Drink!!!

In my search to satisfy my post-workout needs. I have concocted what I has easily become my favorite drink. I call it Coconut Dream Protein Blast! Catchy right!?!? Let me tell you, it is light, refreshing, and loaded with great stuff. Best of all, it is super easy to make.

Here are some great points to know about this drink:
- Coconut Milk. Holy crap this is great stuff to substitute for milk. 1 cup of fat free skim milk = 86 calories. 1 cup of coconut milk = 45 calories. But wait, there’s more. Coconut milk is loaded with Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFA’s.) This is a healthy fat that makes your thyroid produce a fat burning hormone. It boost you metabolism by 56% for up to 5 hours. Even cooler, it reduces blood sugar surges by 58%.
- Calories = 232
- Fat = 5g
- Protein = 26g
- Potassium = 640mg
- Calcium = 103% daily

Here is the recipe. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Coconut Dream Protein Blast
3/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Drink (I use So-Delicious Brand)
1/4 cup Pineapple Juice (I use Libby's 100% Natural No Sugar Added)
1/2 Banana Frozen
1 serving Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Trader Joe's Soy Protein as it is a a lower carb option)
Optional: Ice to bring to desired consistency

Place all ingredients in blender, blend thoroughly, pour, ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment