Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

I Am Setting My Sites On A Goal!

Lately, I have been inspired by some of my family members. I have one who competes in 1/2 and full marathons, and another who just competed in a 1/2 Iron Man. All very cool stuff! I too wanted something to train for. However, I don't really care for the super long distance competitions.

Enter Fitathlon Challenge. I stumbled upon this last night, and I think it is exactly what my addiction calls for. It is a 5K course with approximately 18 obstacles along the way. It is geared to really test your fitness level. Some of the obstacles: Walls, chain pull, tire flips, ropes, lunges, calisthenics, over/unders, balance beam, and on and on. It looks really cool, and I am working on putting together a training plan. I really like their slogan "The Official Sponsor of Sweat"

Thus far I will continue with my Ruthless routine as I believe it will build a great endurance and increase my fitness level. I am going to add in a walk to jogging segment as well, and a strength training regiment. I don't have all the particulars worked out since I just found it last night. However, I am very excited.

My target event will be in March 2015 in Atlanta. This is the next event that will allow for a practical training time frame.

Check out there website. Who knows you may decide you want to enter the event with me.

Fitathlon Challenge Website

Good Luck and Good Health!




No comments:

Post a Comment