Search This Blog

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sweatin'...but not to the Oldies!

A very odd thing has been occurring lately. First, let me review. My goal when I started this journey, workout wise, was to find a program that took as little time as possible to have some results. No problem. 7 minute workout showed up, and I loved it. I still think it is a fine program. I also brought up in a previous post that I could be addicted to Fitness Apps. However, still just wanting to do as little as possible. Now that you are up to date, let me tell what is odd. I can't get enough of working out. It is the strangest sensation I have been through. I think about working out when I'm not. I look forward to it with great anticipation daily. I am now working out 6 days a week. Sometimes, I workout twice a day during that time. I have to make myself take a rest day. Never expected this, EVER!

Don't get me wrong. I still have a long way to go. There are only parts of my body that I truly think are BEGINNING to look alright. My legs, generally speaking. I still scouring the Internet for great workout options. I still look at fitness apps. The big difference is now I am putting them into practice, a lot.

My wife tells me I may be addicted to endorphins. Curious, I looked that up. Sure 'nuff, lots of articles about it. One article says that the soothing feeling from endorphins is similar to the feeling someone gets when on opium or morphine. Not sure 'bout that! I have had morphine, after surgery, and I sure don't feel like that when working out. However, if you are going to be addicted to something, endorphins doesn't sound so bad, as long as it is kept within reason.

I truly don't think I am addicted to anything. I believe, in the simplest form, I am impatient. With the results I have begin to see, I want more. I want them now, not tomorrow. Ultimately, I know I have to put the work in, and I am more than willing to do so. I do get a rush from working out, and it makes me feel great and healthy. Looking forward to more results.

I would love to hear from you about your workout routine. Drop me a comment and let me know.

Wanna know what I look like after 30 minutes of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) Elliptical work? Here ya go! Me rockin' it as I sweat.



No comments:

Post a Comment