Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

MMMM...Bacon!!!

I love bacon! It could be my kryptonite. I also love breakfast. Honestly, it could be my favorite meal of the day. As a matter of fact, I never miss breakfast. I feel it is an extremely important meal, and missing it can change your whole day. My guess is, you could Google how important a meal breakfast is, and you would find almost every article and study would back that up.

One of my favorite breakfast items is a great omelet. I don't think I ever met an omelet I didn't like. One of my big fears when I started this journey was having to give up things like omelets, and even worse bacon. Here is an example of why I thought that: A breakfast related chain restaurant serves an omelet with bacon, mushrooms, peppers, cheddar cheese, and a slice of toast. Sounds delicious doesn't it? Well, at 995 calories it ought to be. That's right, 995. I don't know about you, but I am not willing to throw away over half of my day on an omelet.

What to do? What to do? Since I was unwilling to indulge in that I had to find a better plan. No magic here. Just common sense (and the Internet.) Remember, this entire journey I am on, is all about making the RIGHT choices. So below is my choice for breakfast. I hope you enjoy, and I would love to hear what you think about the recipe.

Bacon N More Omelet = 299 Calories

1 Large Whole Egg
3 Large Egg Whites
3 Strips of Pre-cooked Bacon
½ Cup Mushrooms Chopped
½ Cup Sweet Peppers Chopped
1/8 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Crack egg into mixing bowl, and separate egg whites into same bowl. Beat until well mixed. Coat a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place on medium heat.
Cook bacon per package instructions.
Pour egg mix into skillet, and allow cooking almost all the way through.
Place mushrooms, peppers, and bacon in middle of eggs. Fold egg over filling, and allow cooking for a couple more minutes. Turn omelet over and allow finishing cooking until done.
Place omelet on plate and sprinkle cheese over. Serve with 1 slice of Healthy Life Original Dieters Dream toast (35 calories, included in total). Enjoy!

Makes: 1 Serving
Just by making this 1 choice, I saved 696 calories. Not only that, I get to enjoy 2 of my favorite things, bacon & omelets. As a note the pic below also shows another favorite of mine, Frank's Red Hot. I put it on almost everything. 




No comments:

Post a Comment