Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

First 5K Race EVER!

Update:
I made it through without dying! My official time was 32:48.5! I have some room for improvement, but very pleased for my 1st effort.

I am very excited about tomorrow. I will be running in my first 5K ever. I think it is pretty cool that I only began running about a month ago. Prior to loosing my weight, I couldn't run due to crippling shin splints. To date, I have completed the distance only 3 times. Here are my times thus far: 36:46, 27:57, and 30:45 (I struggled the last time out.)

This is a really big step for me, and I love the new found running capability. I owe all of the to God. He has given me strength and willpower I didn't know I had. Wish me luck, and I will post results when I finish.

Good Luck and Good Health!


No comments:

Post a Comment